Thursday, November 23, 2006

Went For a Job Interview

..... last week.

The post was one of two at a satellite office and was admin; foil to the swish, plummy sales woman.

Her assistant had left; moved on. There are six similar jobs going within the company, and she confessed to a fairly high turnover for that post. Few handle the pressure of being Miss Moneypenny to would-be James Bonds with a sex change and PMT, it seems.

A youngster from the larger Kent office had driven in to help with the interviews. A lovely girl, she looked about 19 and definitely gave the appearance that, like school uniform, she was planning to grow into her suit.

It became increasingly apparent that they both saw me as over the hill, at 45.

When, at the end of the interview I was asked why I should be hired, I gave up, put on a croaky voice and said, jokingly "Because I'm old, so I won't leave".

My interviewer's eyes lit up.

"Thats a very good point." she said.

3 Comments:

Blogger westwind said...

I'm going to have that out on a t-shirt. I have a job interview coming up

4:54 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Wonderful!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Lady Fotherington-Smethers said...

So did you get the job??

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home