Friday, November 24, 2006

Bitches no more

Now we are Bats.

It would seem that in some small area of a rather large (and to me, foreign) country known as the USA, the term 'bitches' is not simply vulgar, or inappropriate, but profane.

You can't join blog explosion, if, by their definition (and lets face it, its all subjective and relies entirely on where you live), your title contains 'profanity'. I always thought profanity was an insult to God or the sacred. Perhaps the implication is that we are really Goddesses, or at least sacred cows.

I want to join blog explosion, and thats all there is to it, so we are no longer domesticated wolves or foxes, but instead we are blood sucking furballs; dark creatures of the night that hang upside down and quietly shit on you from a great height.

Sounds good to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger westwind said...

I dunno, "bitches" suggest opinionated, strong-willed, self advocacy, etc. "Old Bat", by contrast, is a dismissive term that suggests the woman is crazy
If I was going to be called either, I would take the former over the later.
Would you really want to join a group that didnt get the difference?

6:18 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Why don't you just change the name of the blog to Blood Sucking Furballs? It has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

"Bitch" is a fine word when used appropriately. If younger Eena told me her step-mom is a bitch, I would simply acknowledge her opinion without openly agreeing or disagreeing. If she called me a bitch to my face, we'd probably have to have a little chat, but, in all likelihood she would be right, so no disciplinary measures would be required.

Pffft.

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home