Thursday, November 30, 2006

The New Widget

To explain the new widget on the right -

One of our contributors very rightly asked whether there was any way for us all to get email notification of new posts, to save popping in here several times a day!

The FeedBlitz dooda doesn't email you when there are new comments, but it does half the job.

Its there for the contributoes, in other words, although anyone else who can't be bothered with an online feedreader is perfectly welcome to sign up.

Yes, I know its going to fry the visitor numbers here if everyone reads remotely, but Gee I guess I'm just a real nice girl.

No, honestly, I am.

Look, just don't push it, OK?

:-)

UPDATE. Not that impressed. I just got a copy of this post in my inbox, courtesy of said gizmo, 27 hours after the fact. Right.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Actually, it doesn't fry your numbers. We have a lot of readers who pick up through RSS, etc. and our numbers have climbed significantly.

I just had to put you on our blogroll, by the way. The title alone is going to bring you a lot of traffic.

Cheers

11:56 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Hey what about yours?
The Galloping Beaver?

Hehe .... "The Fevered Beaver" - now there's a title I wish I'd come up with sooner....

:-)

Thanks!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Ha! Yes, our title does drag in the odd "hunter".

It is, however, based on the fact that it is Canadian-based and, well, the beaver is our national animal. (Hey, I didn't pick it!) That coupled with the fact that beavers normally waddle... anyway.

Hope your blog takes off. You've got some good participation.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home